Call for abstracts EUCCAN
Abstract Submission – Guidelines
We look forward to receive your abstracts for poster presentations. Posterwalks will be organized during lunchbreaks. The presentation of the posterwalks are 3 minutes and 1 minute questions.
The writers of the 2 best abstracts will be asked to present in the plenary session on Wednesday or Thursday for 3 minutes.
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide reduced registration fees for presenting authors. Therefore, all potential authors should be able to secure funding for registration, travel and accommodation costs.
Abstract submission deadline is: 1 February 2016
Please read the instructions below before submitting your abstract.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
- Please submit symbols as words
- All abstracts should be in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling. Please do not use references in the abstract. Abbreviations should be explained.
- Please indicate the topic of your abstract, choose from the following list:
- Prevalence of child maltreatment
- Risk factors for child maltreatment
- Medical aspects of child maltreatment
- Child sexual victimization
- Prevention of child maltreatment
- Neurobiological aspects of child maltreatment
- Ethics and child maltreatment issues
- Institutional issues of child maltreatment
- Judicial aspects of child maltreatment
- Cultural aspects of child maltreatment
- The abstract text is limited to 300 words
- Abstracts must consist of the following structure:
- Abstract topic (see above for a list of topics)
- Title (limited to 15 words)
- Authors full first and family names
- Authors affiliations: Department – Institution – City – Country
- The presenting author must be listed as the first author
- Please indicate if you prefer an oral or poster presentation. However the organizing committee assesses and decides whether the presentation should be delivered as an oral or poster communication.
- Authors will be notified before Februari 1, 2016 if their abstract is accepted and in which form (oral or poster presentation). This will be before early registration is no longer possible.
Compliance & obligations
By submitting an abstract you comply to the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant. Only abstracts of registered participant will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
- The organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply the above.